Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"Prairie" Sewing Kit w Silk Yo-Yo's almost done....

"Prairie" sewing kit opened up.
Silk Yo-Yo's added with white netting. Silk Yo-Yo's, silk roleau, bottom left, made by me for embellishment.
 I've added more hand embroidery to the pocket and more beading to the Venice lace. I've added silk Yo-Yo's and will add vintage buttons and beading around them. I made a lot of silk Yo-Yo's the other day, habit forming. The silk roleau was made when I took Karen Ruane's Alchemy 2013 last year. It's a challenging and worthwhile class, she gets you to go beyond your comfort zone. It's fun too, not all work. "Prairie" sewing kit is almost done & will be for sale in my etsy shop, crazyvictoriana.etsy.com.
more details..

Hand embroidery added to front of pocket.

Outside opened out...crushed velvet ties.


another view...
I am working on this as part of  Sharon B's WIP Wednesday . Inspiration to get it done!

4 comments:

  1. Your hussif is wonderful!! I love all the little touches you've added - the embroidery, the measuring tape, and the yo yo's. It all came together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete